For WATER EMERGENCIES after hours, call 250-868-5737.
NOTICE OF ELECTION 2021:
The Terms of Office for Trustees Colin Day and Sukhpaul Bal expire in 2021. Nominations will be open from April 12, 2021 until 4:00 pm on Monday, April 26, 2021. Nomination forms can be found here.
If an Election is required, voting will take place on Thursday, May 13, 2021 betwen the hours of 10:00 am and 6:00 pm at the BMID Office, or an alternate location if necessary (due to COVID restrictions). An Advance Poll is scheduled on Thursday, May 6, 2021 between noon and 4:00 pm.
The Election will follow COVID protocols as prescribed by the Provincial Health Officer. A date for the Annual General Meeting will be set once Provincial regulations permit.
The BMID Administration Office is open to the public.
Public safety measures in place:
- Enhanced daily cleaning/disinfection of high traffic and high touch areas
- Hand sanitizer readily available to visitors
- Plexiglass barriers installed at customer service points
- Physical distancing signage
- Visitors limited to three at a time in the office lobby.
- Masks are required to enter the office.
Ratepayers are asked to avoid non-essential visits to the Office and are encouraged to make their payments in the following ways whenever possible:
- Make payments online through their financial institution. Payments can also be made in person at your bank if you provide your bill stub.
- Mail a cheque, or drop off a cheque through our mail slot.
- Please do not put cash through the mail slot.
- Pre-Authorized payment forms are available on our website (see tab, Forms & Guidelines)
BMID Administration Staff will continue to answer your calls from 8:00am–4:00pm, Monday through Friday. Individual appointments can be arranged for development issues.
If you have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 crisis, we ask that you call our office at 250-765-5169 to discuss payment arrangements. Smaller, more frequent payments are readily accepted.
Penalties were waived for the first and second quarters of 2020 to assist our customers financially.
All outstanding balances are still due and payable in full. As we are a not-for-profit essential service, all revenue from tolls and taxes must be collected to maintain the cash flow for our organization.
Thank you for your understanding.